Previous Install on Mac

Options
eenochs
eenochs
Community Member

I lost my master password so deleted my account. Set everything back up but now Mac won’t let me add new account. Keeps asking me for old master password. In preferences the option to sign out is grayed out so can’t get it to recognized my new account.

Comments

• @eenochs

Provided you have no data you need to retain in you Mac install, you can reset the data. Doing so only removes the data local to that machine, thus allowing you to enter in the new credentials.

Please see, How to reset your 1Password data and start over - https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

• eenochs
    eenochs
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to see if i can retain the data if possible. Since i deleted the account and setup a new one am i out of luck?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020
    Options

@eenochs

To avoid sharing any potentially sensitive account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

This is for your privacy and safety. At some point in our discussions, I believe it may include account-specific details. Plus this allows a more direct one on one communication.

ps. I removed the accidental second post. :)

ref: PGB-46327-998

This discussion has been closed.