Change 2FA App of Business Account

Hello everyone,
I have the following problem and did not find a solution here.

To begin with, I would like to mention that I have two 1Password Accounts, one family and one business. Lately, I wanted to change the 2FA app, which I am using. For the family account this was super easy. I just deactivated 2FA for my account, turned it back on and used the new app for it.

For my business account I am stuck, because the button is not usable on the website. In conclusion, I asked the admin of the business to deactivate 2FA for my account, but he responded that he can not do this, because "2-Step Verification is enforced across your organisation". He said the only thing he can do is to send me my backup verification codes.

What can I do? Thank you very much!

Tim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

What would happen if you told them you forgot your master password? Would they start the recovery process, you just use your normal master password, and then re-set up 2FA?

Please note, I do not work for 1Password. Just a thought.

• timdepping
    timdepping
    Community Member

@prime First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

I think that’s not a bad idea, but I wanted to solve this problem without asking for further help at work.

I don’t know whether resetting the Master Password has an effect on 2FA, because changing it does not.

I think the 1Password Team could help us here.

Thanks again
    Tim

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@timdepping its just an idea, hopefully someone here will have a better idea.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020

@timdepping

Sorry to hear your having issues,

If you're part of a 1Password Business membership your IT team should be able to assist. Otherwise, we'd need to put you in touch with our security team. In that case please reach out to support+security@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership.

This discussion has been closed.