Dark Mode 1Password v7.4 Broswer

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Mac

I managed to get 1Password 7.4 and Catalina. In Dark Mode 1Password 7.4 with the browsers and I have tried Safari 13.0.4 and Chrome 79? 1Password lock icon is nearly indistinguishable from the surrounding toolbar?

I haven’t spent much time on the new MAC as it was delivered only 1 week ago.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your feedback. Can you please post a screenshot of how the 1Password icon looks for you on your Mac?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Here's the screen shot for Safari 13.0.4

Screen shot Chrome 79.

Chrome looks worse than Safari with regard to the 1Password lock icon. They look worse at normal screen size but Safari still looks a bit better

I didn't try Firefox.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you. I will pass your feedback on to the developers, so we can keep it in mind moving forward :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi

I have not installed 1Password X but it isn't there for Safari. I should install 1Password X in Chrome as a comparison.

When I compare 1Password X to 1Password extension in Chrome, the former doesn't support Dark Mode?

• My apologies if I am misreading your post, but it looks like your asking for the darker version of 1Password X? If so, you will need to open 1Password X > Gear icon > Settings > Tool Button appearance - to change how it looks. To answer, Yes, it supports a Dark logo, but it doesn't auto adjust the logo, it's a manual process.

This topic does not show the process, but I have included it here as it may assist you in some fashion. https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/ :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I thought 1Password X, like the others, automatically switched to Dark Mode in System Preferences. I found the setting and changed 1Password X. No it looks better than the almost ghosted out 1Password extension.

I noticed when I changed 1Password X icon in Windows 7 that the change is localised. I had to do the same change in Catalina. Is this correct?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

I had a “handshake error” between Cloudflare and Vanilla earlier. The comment was edited midway when the error occurred but it is OK now. The above comment is slightly unreadable.

“No” should be “Now”

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's correct, you will have to adjust that setting in every 1Password X installation you have, that is not something that is synced.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I like both dark and normal versions of the 1Password X icons. The dark version is something I tried on Windows 7 first.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

There is something for 1Password developers to consider which is to design the icon and still be able to differentiate them on screen. I have two icons now, 1Password v4.7.5.90 and 1Password X v1.17.0. I should use one or the other and usually I stick to the Desktop version but sometimes I like to try them both.

This discussion has been closed.