To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I was invited to a business account, do I need to create a separate account for my personal password

Options

I was invited to a business account, do I need to create a separate account for my personal passwords? Do they link together? Can I add multiple email addresses?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I was invited to a business account, do I need to create a separate account for my personal password

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi @garrettmccclure

This is a great question, and I'm happy to help answer it. I would strongly recommend against storing personal data in a business membership. If the business has a 1Password Business membership (opposed to a 1Password Teams membership) then a free 1Password Families membership is included for each member. The business's billing covers the family membership so long as the person continues to be a part of the business membership. Otherwise the two memberships are separate. Business administrators don't have any access to or influence over their employees' 1Password Families memberships. If that is the situation, you can learn about how to set that up here:

Link a family account to your business account | 1Password

Can I add multiple email addresses?

You can store any number of records in either.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• garrettmccclure
    garrettmccclure
    Community Member
    Options

Great! That's perfect - thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.