Switching from 1Password Families to a Team or Business account.

prime
prime
Community Member

I can’t get into too much details here about the idea, but a few friends and myself are thinking of starting a business. To make start up close cheap, I was thinking of either doing of:

A separate 1Password for Families or
Letting my friends on my 1Password for Families (I have room)

Now when and if the business takes off, I wouldn’t mind switching it to a 1Password for Teams at least, I like what it offers. If I got a separate 1Password for Families, how hard is it to convert it to a 1Password for Teams? Would it be a simple change, or would my team members have to export from the family account to a team account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @prime

1Password Families isn't intended for business use. I'd recommend reaching out to our business team at business@1password.com to see what options would be available that might be a better fit. Thanks!

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@Ben i am 100% aware, but in all, I can actually get away with using guess vaults for start up. I just want to get something started for the beginning. As of now, the extra features on teams or business is not needed, so pointless to pay for it now.

• @prime

All the same, I'd recommend conveying that to the business team. They may have a better option that would suit you and not fall outside our intended uses. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.