"Convert to Login" button should be visible in item edit mode

Options
kevinschaich
kevinschaich
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Mac

Hey 1password,

I think it'd be really helpful if the Convert to Login button was made visible both in the viewing screen and "edit mode" of an item:

A lot of the time, I'll pull up an item, notice it's missing my email address, press CMD + E to Edit the item, and then I notice that there is not even an email address field to enter one into:

In this case, there is no clear path to add one in the interface; instead, I need to back out of the edit mode by clicking Save, then I Convert To Login to add the missing field.

We should make this button visible in both the view and edit mode. Would be a small change with a big bump in usability :)

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edit

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2019
    Options

@kevinschaich

I like that idea, and I'm glad you added the screenshots. At first, I couldn't wrap my head around the suggestion. I can't speculate as to when or even if it could be added/changed. I, for one, think it would be super beneficial. I didn't even realize I (personally) needed it till you mentioned it. Thanks.

• camsoft
    camsoft
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same issue all the time, it's quite annoying actually. It's basically when you generate a password when registering on a site. I immediately want to convert it into a login but you have to click Edit, then Save and then Convert to Login and then Edit again!

Also, it would be a bonus if you could move to trash without having to enter edit mode.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions @camsoft. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.