Craft CMS / 1PasswordX z-index issues

codeknight
codeknight
Community Member

I'm posting this on both 1Password and Craft issues as I'm not sure what's changed where; but I think there's a lot of developers who use both these tools so hopefully affects more than just me.

A few days ago, on the Craft CMS login screen (on my development sites) The "Forgot your password" text started appearing over the top of the 1P auto-fill window. I ignored it, but I've just found a more serious one inside the control panel. When you're prompted for a password within the control panel, like when you update user permissions, or get signed out of the CMS, the 1PasswordX autofill window appears behind the overlay underneath everything else so it's not possible to use it.

Craft Issue: https://github.com/craftcms/cms/issues/5448

1. The suggestions box is behind the popup, and behind the dark overlay

2. "Forgot your password?" is in front of the auto-fill box

3. The auto-fill box is behind the modal, and behind the overlay

1Password Version: 7.4.2-BETA-2
Extension Version: 1.18.2 (beta)
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• brandonkelly
    brandonkelly
    Community Member

Hi, I’m a developer at Craft CMS.

All of these look like z-index issues. That “Forgot your password?” link on the Login page (second screenshot) has a z-index of 1 for example. Shouldn’t 1Password X have a z-index of something crazy like 999999999999 to ensure it avoids z-index conflicts with other elements on the page?

(1Password X hasn’t had any styling conflicts with Craft in the past, by the way, so this must be due to a recent update – looks like @codeknight is using 7.4.2-BETA-2.)

• Thanks for reaching out to us about this, @codeknight. I'm sorry for the disruption this unintentional change has caused. @brandonkelly is correct. We recently adjusted some of the styles that our inline elements use and inadvertently caused the z-index property to no longer be set. We've already fixed this issue locally and will include it in the next beta.

• brandonkelly
    brandonkelly
    Community Member

@dalton Thanks for the update! While I have you, would appreciate if https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/540492/#Comment_540492 got an extra pair of eyes.

• Thanks for the nudge, @brandonkelly. I have asked a team member to see if any changes can be made to help 1Password not show up there.

This discussion has been closed.