I have to repeatedly enable 1Password in Safari

Options
mdscott
mdscott
Community Member

I am asked repeatedly to Enable 1Password in Safari. The extension works for a few hours then the mini-icon in the search bar disappears and I have to again enable the extension in Safari Preferences. I have tried the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ but the problem persists.

Is a delete/reinstall of 1Password appropriate or is there a simpler route.

1Password Version: 7.4.1 Mac AppStore
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdscott - I'm not sure that's going to change anything, but it might be a good place to start, and it won't affect any data you have in 1Password. If you're going that route, please do all of the following, in order:

1. Quit Safari.
    2. Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    3. Delete the 1Password 7 app. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app from your Applications folder to your Mac's Trash, then empty the Trash.
    4. Restart your Mac.

After restart, open Safari and visit our downloads page for a fresh copy of the 1Password 7 app. Run the installer and the first time you open 1Password, all your data should be exactly as you left it. Let us know if that makes any difference for you.

• mdscott
    mdscott
    Community Member
    Options

Your supposition that it might not change anything was correct. Should I send a "Diagnostic Report file?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdscott - yep!

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110535/i-have-to-repeatedly-enable-1password-in-safari)
    • Your forum username: (@mdscott)

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• mdscott
    mdscott
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report Support ID #GRT-93546-536

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdscott - replied, thanks. Let's keep the conversation going in that private channel (email) instead of discussing the specifics of your 1Password setup here in this public forum.

This discussion has been closed.