1Password not working after computer shutdown and reboot.

Options
jadutton
jadutton
Community Member

2019 iMac was shutdown for travel. On reboot, 1Password does not enter passwords in Chrome or Safari and displays incomprehensible messages. I can open the app and copy credentials, but that is not how it is supposed to work.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud (I presume)
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not working after computer shutdown and reboot.

Comments

• @jadutton

Are you able to post a screenshot of the message? Make sure you redact and of your sensitive data from that screenshot. This is a public forum and I would not want you to reveal any sensitive data. A screenshot or perhaps you posting the text here may help us narrow the issue.
    The only other thing that comes to mind is perhaps you need to install a fresh copy. Possibly the iMac was shut down in the middle of an update?

To reinstall,

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Download 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    3. Run the installer
    • The installer will walk you through the re-installation process.
    • Do not use an uninstaller or app cleaner to remove 1Password, they have been known to become overzealous and remove users data.
  • jadutton
    jadutton
    Community Member
    Options

Hio Ag_tommy

That worked, at least on one try to a site that requires a password. The ⌘⌥⌃Q operation did make 1Pass quit, but it still appeared in the list of Applications. I installed a fresh copy and got a password where needed in a login attempt.
    So why did a reboot make so much trouble and waste a large fraction of my day today?

I thought there was a Chat help system, but could not find it.

Thanks for your help, JAD

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jadutton:

Without knowing what the error message said, it is not possible for us to know exactly what happened. Should this happen again, please let us know the exact words of the error message, or upload a screenshot as requested by ag_tommy.

And I am glad things are working again!

This discussion has been closed.