New iMac and don't know where to find 1Password

Options

I'm sure this has been asked many times but I can't find the answer. My iMac died today. I just picked up a new one. I need to get my 1 password on it. I check in the App Store and it's not listed as a purchase there yet I feel reasonably sure that's where I got it. (not 100%). I'm pretty sure it's a stand alone. I have it on my iphone and it used to sync with my old (dead) iMac and I believe it's on my older MacBook Pro too. If I look on my older laptop it says 1Password version 6.8.1 Mac App Store. However on the new computer when I go to the App Store it says that the app was bought with with another user. I use to have another Apple ID and I may have the sign in for that but I can't figure out how to sign out of the App Store, I tried with iTunes but that didn't change anything for the App Store which is my current apple email addy. So how do I get that version and get it synced with all my existing passwords?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:get 1password on a new iMac have previous account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pixsue! Welcome to the forum!

I use to have another Apple ID and I may have the sign in for that but I can't figure out how to sign out of the App Store, I tried with iTunes but that didn't change anything for the App Store which is my current apple email addy.

If you open the Mac App Store app, you should see the Store entry in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you click on that option, you will be able to sign out from your current Apple ID, and login with the one you used to purchase the 1Password app in the past.

This discussion has been closed.