To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Apple billing or direct from 1password

Options
alistairmck
alistairmck
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Memberships

hi, my billing date for 2020 is 20th Jan, just want to everyones take on billing provider. I'm getting billed 1password for last 3 years, but when I get billed through 1password, getting charged the normal price but getting added Non-Gbp Trans Fee £1.00
Non-Gbp Purch Fee £0.50 just getting abit fed up with the extra changes, from my bank. just wanting to know if there is any benefit by getting billed through Apple rather than direct. has Apple Mac store app got more features than the direct app version. I know its a case of uninstalling everything 1password if I wanted to change billing provider.

thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alistairmck! Welcome to the forum!

just wanting to know if there is any benefit by getting billed through Apple rather than direct.

If you have other Apple subscription, the benefit would be being able to manage the 1Password subscription in the same place as all of the others. But you should know that every billing change must be done through Apple at that point, and not through us anymore. We have no visibility into Apple billing.

has Apple Mac store app got more features than the direct app version.

Both versions have the same features. The difference is that the Mac App Store version only supports 1Password subscription accounts, and not standalone licenses.

I know its a case of uninstalling everything 1password if I wanted to change billing provider.

This is not the case. If you want to change billing providers, you can continue using the same app that you currently have installed.

• alistairmck
    alistairmck
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi @ag_ana thanks for quick reply. if I wanted to, how would I start the process of changing billing providers?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alistairmck:

I suggest reaching out to our sales team at sales@1password.com, with a link to this forum discussion. We are unable to share billing information on a public forum, so we will have to move this conversation to email.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it to this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• alistairmck
    alistairmck
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana i’ll stick with billing with just now, as what I’ve read, if I I’m an Individual Member, and billed through Apple, I can’t upgrade to family membership until I’m billed through 1Password again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alistairmck:

Sounds good though, we can certainly wait if you prefer :+1: Let us know when you are ready to do this and we can help you at that point.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.