Verification email sent to me but i didn’t signup for 1 password

Options
alamishayan
alamishayan
Community Member

hi i used 1 password for test in trial but then decided to delete my vault and close my 1 password account about some days ago, now i got a verification email to verify my email to sign up . did one password sent it by mistake or actually someone is trying to access my vault ? I’m a computer technician myself so i always use clean and secure systems i can not be hacked this seems strange .

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• alamishayan
    alamishayan
    Community Member
    Options

i checked the email, it truly is from 1password, the address is legit.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alamishayan:

did one password sent it by mistake or actually someone is trying to access my vault ?

If you deleted your vault and your account, as you wrote, there is nothing more to access, so you don't have to worry about that. It is more likely that someone started the process to create a 1Password account, and mistyped the email address, entering yours by mistake.

We send these notification emails exactly to make sure that you have access to the email address that you are trying to use to signup. If you sign up with an email address that you don't control, you will never receive this confirmation email, and therefore cannot continue with the account creation process.

This discussion has been closed.