Primary vs. Personal Vaults

2»

Comments

• geekgirl54
    geekgirl54
    Community Member

Thank you Lars and ag_tommy, you guys are great. I'm so much happier with the software now that things are getting cleaned up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• wbsskr
    wbsskr
    Community Member

Hello, How many vaults can I have with 1Password personal plan?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wbsskr! Vault-creation is (theoretically) unlimited in all 1password.com accounts, as long as your permissions level allows you to create vaults. In an individual account, you are sole owner/user, so you can create as many as you wish.

• wbsskr
    wbsskr
    Community Member

thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wbsskr - you're quite welcome! Glad we were able to assist.

• lilifrancklyn
    lilifrancklyn
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

I'm having the same problem. I just want to have ONE VAULT and back it up on Dropbox (or from what you are saying in these answer, do we not need to do this any more?) However when I installed 1PW 7 I was prompted to choose a backup location. Also, I WANT to have a local copy of one password on my devices in case I lose internet connection, which happens often. If we are updating all our records on a remote server of yours, is that automagically syncing to our local copies, even if we "delete the Primary vault" as you are telling people to do? Please clarify all this for us.

1Password says the Dropbox is the "Primary" vault and the one I think I'm using all the time on the computer (and my phone) is the "Personal" vault. Why this confusion? 1Password should clear this up. It was also very confusing upgrading to Password 7 (which I was forced to do after paying for the older products for several years), and then getting all these prompts to use the "online" version. Now I'm not sure which version I'm in and where the true back up is. Please explain. Plus I now have duplicate entries in my "Personal" vault, which I keep deleting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lilifrancklyn:

1Password says the Dropbox is the "Primary" vault and the one I think I'm using all the time on the computer (and my phone) is the "Personal" vault. Why this confusion?

It sounds like you had an old vault called Primary, which you did not remove when you got a 1Password account (which comes with a Personal vault). Is there a reason you keep both? Or in other words, do you have anything you need in your old Primary vault or do you only have duplicates there?

• lilifrancklyn
    lilifrancklyn
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Hi there,
    I never answered this but I am still having this problem. I only want ONE vault.

Do you recommend I copy everything into the personal then delete the Primary vault? However only the Primary vault is showing my the option to sync with Dropbox. Why? This seems to be the only way I can sync my phone to my computers.

When I got a "1Password account" (when before I had licenses) does this mean that my "Personal" vault is backing up automatically to 1Password/Agile Bits? If so how can I sync my phone with this?

thank you,

• lilifrancklyn
    lilifrancklyn
    Community Member

Last question, how can I ensure that my vaults are available on my hard drive and phone if the internet is down. Is this automatic or what setting do I need to enable?

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lilifrancklyn:

Do you recommend I copy everything into the personal then delete the Primary vault?

Yes, that would be our recommendation, so you don't have to manage vaults on different destinations.

However only the Primary vault is showing my the option to sync with Dropbox. Why?

Because vaults stored inside your 1Password account are synced via 1Password.com, Dropbox is not required anymore.

This seems to be the only way I can sync my phone to my computers.

Every vault in your 1Password account is synced automatically, without the need for third party sync methods. All you need to do is add your 1Password account to every device:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

When I got a "1Password account" (when before I had licenses) does this mean that my "Personal" vault is backing up automatically to 1Password/Agile Bits?

Correct :+1:

Last question, how can I ensure that my vaults are available on my hard drive and phone if the internet is down. Is this automatic or what setting do I need to enable?

This is automatic: a cached copy of your data is available on your device even when you are offline.

This discussion has been closed.