Recent entries missing or incorrect.

mmb
mmb
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for several years up until version 6. I did not have a subscription because up until recently I was only managing my own passwords, and dropbox syncing my vaults worked just fine.

About a week ago, I decided that I would like my wife and son to start using a password manager so I purchased a family subscription and upgraded to 1Password 7. At some point during the last week, 1 entry reverted to a previous state, losing the current password and the security questions I had just added to that login account, and 2 other entries disappeared.

Although there's always the possibility of user error, I think it's pretty unlikely. I was able to go through a password recovery process and set up new security questions for the one account a couple of days ago. But now the entry in 1Password is again incorrect.

I am using 1Password on both my mac and my iPhone. I have not yet gotten around to setting up my iPhone to sync with the new family account and is it turns out the 3 entries that are having trouble are correct on my iPhone.

Would appreciate some advice on how best to proceed.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2 (19C57)
Sync Type: sync to account on my.1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:revert

Comments

• Hi @mmb,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Do you have a vault called "Primary" on any of your devices? If so, do you recall being prompted to delete that vault during the migration process?

Ben

• mmb
    mmb
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for getting back to me. After the migration I did have the two "networked" vaults (private and shared) and then a third vault that I believe with some text saying local to my Mac or similar. I think it was named primary. And I did wind up deleting it.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020

@mmb

For clarification is your issue resolved at this point? I'm sorry if I am perhaps misunderstanding, but I wanted to determine if you needed further help. Thanks.

edit: typo

• mmb
    mmb
    Community Member

@ag_tommy well, yes, and no. I don't think I can provide enough information to track down what happened to the missing entries.

So the only thing I think to do at this point is to re-create those entries and keep a close eye on things. If it does reoccur, I can hopefully provide enough information to try and diagnose the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mmb:

That sounds like a plan :+1: Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.