Firefox Browser Plugin Button greyed out

Firefox Version 72.0.1 (64bit)
Run in private windows allowed
*Browser Extension Permissions - access your data for all websites, exchange messages with programs other than firefox and access browser tabs.

I've just updated another Windows PC to run on 1Password 7 for Windows and the Firefox button is just greyed out. I've tried;

1. Uninstalling the browser extension and re-installing, restarting Firefox each time.
  2. Restarting Windows 10
  3. Fired up Chrome and the browser extension there works fine.
  4. Installed 1Password X Firefox extension just to see if that would be greyed out - it wasn't.
  5. Looked for "native" mode in the Settings -> Advanced but that setting doesn't seem to existing in 1Password 7.
  6. Generated a diagnostic log but nothing I can see is weird for Firefox.

When the Firefox browser is first fired up, the extension is not greyed out. Momentarily. Once the tab is loaded, it is greyed out. I fired up new tabs, went to sites that require login. Still greyed out.

Help?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.535
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Ok. I've just found some time to jump back into this issue.

The Google Chrome extension, while enabled, cannot find the 1Password Helper.

So I jumped on another Windows 10 machine that does have 1Password 7 running fine with Windows 10. There is a background process that is running on the working machine called 1Password (32bit). This process is missing as a background process on the broken machine.

How do I force start the 1Password helper?

p.s. Further update. Microsoft Edge extension is enabled and can interact with 1Password database fine.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @laugher ,
    Can you please try this:
    1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, it will bring up the "Run" prompt.
    2. Write "1password.exe --setup" and hit ENTER.
    3. After a few moments, the 1Password 7 desktop app should launch and ask you to unlock - unlock it.
    4. Relaunch Firefox and see if the extension works now.

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

Hey @Yaron

That fixed it. I assume the --setup switch re-registered some DLLs and registry entries?

Thank you. :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @laugher ,
    It basically reinstalled 1Password and re-registered it in your system, yes.

I'm glad to hear everything is working properly now :)

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@laugher:

Thank you for the screenshots. Is there anything specific you would like us to look at?

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

Hey @ag_ana - maybe look at why those screenshots originally posted on the day of the opening post only got posted now? :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@laugher:

Ah I see. I think they were flagged as spam, possibly because you posted two of them very close to each other. Anyway, I am glad to hear everything is working fine now :+1:

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

All good @ag_ana

Might want to check the anti spam though cos I only posted it a second time because it refused to display the image the first attempt even when reloading the thread. Now if 1Password managed anti spam, I might have raised an incident. ;)

Have a great day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You too, thank you! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.