Help login.gov Trusted Traveler Global Entry renewal replace Personal Key w/authentication method

Options

My Trusted Traveler Global Entry is expiring and the new system on login.gov requires that I replace my Personal Key with an authentication method and to ensure I can sign into my account even if I lose or change my phone. I will only have to use it when I don't have my phone, not every time I sign in. My two-factor authentication method options are 1) A second phone - which I don't have; 2) An authentication application to get codes from an app on your phone, computer, or tablet; 3) A Security key - use a security key that you have on a device to plug in.

I went with #2 and 1Password, but need help completing the process. I'm supposed to 1) open the app and enter the key manually or scan the barcode; and 2) Enter the temporary code from your app. I opened 1Password but don't see anything where I'm supposed to Entering a Key or scan a barcode to get a temporary code back from 1Password to enter on the login.gov Trusted Traveler site.

Can you provide the steps for being used to provide authentication codes?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Help login.gov Trusted Traveler Global Entry renewal replace Personal Key w/authentication method

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kcarlt711! Welcome to the forum!

I'm supposed to 1) open the app and enter the key manually or scan the barcode;

We wrote a documentation page with all the steps necessary do to this ;) You will find all the instructions on this page, for every platform, so you can follow them regardless of what device you are using.

This discussion has been closed.