1Password X : new product missing a lot of feature on Windows?

Just installed Edge Chromium and when I looked for an extension I was suggested to install 1Password X (which weirdly recognize Edge Chromium as Chrome, I'm sure it's possible to figure out if it's Chrome or something else based on Chromium).

This "new" product seem to be a huge regression in features on Windows, missing things which already took a while to be delivered in 1Password 7.

I'm now required to enter my password again and again: I enter it in the 1Password app on my laptop (which is used by the add-on in Chrome and Firefox and also for my not-browser things), I open Edge Chromium and I have to enter it again : doesn't really make much sense from a user point of view.
The local vaults missing in 1Password X is also a major downside: I have no way to have my credentials in Edge Chromium (if they are in a local vault instead of one synced on cloud there are reasons). I have to find credentials in 1Password 7 and copy/paste them into Edge Chromium by hand.

1Password on Windows already felt a bit a 2nd class service compared to Mac, getting features after Mac (if at all). Now there is a new product which has even less than the long waited features on Windows.

What to expect next? Give up 1Password and move to a concurrent solution or is there a proper plan to give a correct user experience to Windows users? With a single product and not a multitude of different apps all labeled 1Password ?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: X 1.17.0
OS Version: Win10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Spoon25!

1Password X is our latest extension, so it doesn't yet have all of the features that our traditional extension and desktop apps combined have had, since we have had years to develop those.

To answer your unlock question: 1Password X does not communicate with the desktop application, it is an independent extension that you can use without having to install anything else separately. If you would like your extension to follow the lock settings of the main app, you should use the companion browser extension instead, or upgrade to 1Password X beta so you can use the new desktop app integration feature (if you prefer to continue using 1Password X).

From what you wrote, I think you might prefer using the companion browser extension instead, as it looks like 1Password X is not the right choice for you based on your preferences.

This discussion has been closed.