Watchtower message on AgileBits.com

ChartFreak
ChartFreak
Community Member
edited January 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

On my 1 Password on Windows and iOS I get a Watchtower warning:
Compromised Login: Data stored by this website may have been compromises. Change your password to keep your account safe.
Website from there was: https://agilebits.com/c/login
I created this on July 2014 with an old 1Password account.
Today I am using 1Password for Families with Multi-Factor authentication.

Can I ignore this Watchtower message?
Was there a security flaw in the 1Password web sites in the last 6 years which i don't know?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: 1Password cloud

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2020

Hi @ChartFreak,

Thanks for writing in.

If you click on the Learn More link in the Watchtower message, it'll take you to the Watchtower page explaining what happened. In this case, there was a security issue with the Vanilla Forums product that we use for 1Password Support forums here. There is no compromise of security with 1Password itself at all. You can learn more here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109038/forum-password-reset

However, your specific item is for agilebits.com/c/login which doesn't exist anymore and not related to our forums. 1Password is showing the warning for all agilebits.com items you have. In a future update, we'll be supporting subdomains in our Watchtower messages, so that specific Watchtower message only shows for any items with dicussions.agilebits.com items, not agilebits.com/c nor any other agilebits.com.

You can either ignore the message or you can archive that item as it is not usable anymore since we've removed all traces of agilebits.com/c/.

• ChartFreak
    ChartFreak
    Community Member

Good thanx a lot. I'm happy again now...

Greetings from Germany

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of MileT, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.