1Password X blank page

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password and Ubuntu.

Comments

• Meerkat
    Meerkat
    Community Member

Any progress on finding a solution for the firefox blank extension page in private mode?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Meerkat – I'm not sure what that solution would look like, personally. 1Password X relies on the browser's local storage to function properly. Firefox prevents extensions from accessing the local database while in private browsing mode. Without that, 1Password X is bound to have some trouble. That said, I have heard of folks being able to use the majority of 1Password X's features while in private browsing mode in Firefox. I haven't taken the time to play around with it myself. I'm personally a big fan of Brave, which is a Chromium-based browser that focuses more on privacy than other browsers I've used.

• Meerkat
    Meerkat
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, is a native 1Password app required, like on Windows (which works fine with FF private mode)?

Thanks for the tip, though I'd really prefer to have a solution for FF (private mode).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Meerkat – A native app isn't required to use 1Password X, no. It's a browser extension with the features of an app. We'll keep users in your situation in mind when building future versions of 1Password X. I know you're not the only one who would like 1Password X to work in private mode, and it's something we'd love to be able to do as well. Thank you for sharing your perspective. :)

• Meerkat
    Meerkat
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, just to clarify - I meant as an alternative, in consideration of the FF extension api issue in private mode.

As I pointed out, 1Password desktop app works perfectly for FF private mode on Windows. So I assume the equivalent methodology could be implemented for Linux (including a native Linux desktop app).

Yes, the linux user community is increasing. Please give us some love!

Anyway, thanks for your responsiveness.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Meerkat – I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying for me. The desktop-dependent 1Password extension is an entirely different ballpark than 1Password X, but I'm glad it's working well for you. The desktop-dependent extension doesn't rely on local storage in your browser, so that's why it works normally in private mode. Either way, I hear you. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.