Won't be able to log back in to this forum

bigphaty
bigphaty
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
so i registered for this forum, when it was time to create a password, i used the password generator. got into the forum and realized that the registration info did not get passed along to 1password, and i have no easy way to get it.

i could go to the account page and click "forgot password" and reset it, but that's not a good workflow.

what is the "right" way to do this?

thanks,

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    If you used the password generator, go to 1PW client and look at Generated Password section, it should have an entry for the forum. If you don't see that section, go to 1P Preferences> General and check Generated Passwords.
  • bigphaty
    bigphaty
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Ahh... I didn't have that turned on. I see it now, thanks!
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    bigphaty wrote:
    Ahh... I didn't have that turned on. I see it now, thanks!

I'm glad you were able to get the section displayed in the sidebar. This Generated Passwords section is a "first line of defense" for anything that you have saved from the Strong Password Generator. You can delete items from this grouping but we recommend that you not do that until you're absolutely, really, certain that your Logins (or other item) works with the new password. And many customers never delete any Generated Passwords items "just in case".
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm one of those "just in case" folks, and it's saved my buns several times
This discussion has been closed.