using 1password 6.8.8 on mac OS 10.14.6 and safari 13.0.3. Not able to reinstall safari extn.

1password seems to be forcing me to upgrade to v7 but I do not want to pay for the product again. I cannot re-install the safari extension and would like to know how to revert to a working 1password.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac os 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using 1password 6.8.8 on mac OS 10.14.6 and safari 13.0.3. Not able to reinstall safari extn.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rogerinbkk! Welcome to the forum!

Apple discontinued the Safari Extension Gallery some time ago, which was needed to use 1Password browser extension in Safari. Please see this documentation page for all the information and all the solutions available to you.

• rogerinbkk
    rogerinbkk
    Community Member

I consider very poor product support from 1password. I bought 1password on the basis that it would work moving forward. I'll not upgrade to v7 and I'll not pay more money after bad.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020

I'm sorry to hear that @rogerinbkk. What can we do to help here? I understand the situation may be frustrating, but the only way to use 1Password with Safari at this point is with 1Password v7. That is due to changes with Safari.

Ben

• afterhours
    afterhours
    Community Member

Roger, I encountered the same issue with OS10.13 Safari update a few days back. As 1Password has their path forward, you either change your primary browser (Firefox still works in OS 10.13 with the legacy 1Password extension). Apple's specs move out from under many projects, including these guys. 1Password could rewrite the v6 Safari tool to fit into Apple's new specs. How expensive that is (the coding cost is likely trivial), that depends on how many people bail on this tool for alternatives vs how much subscription traffic they can capture by Apple's maneuver.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@afterhours:

All of the other browsers that we support still work in 1Password 6, so you can definitely continue using that version with other browsers without upgrading your app or switching to a subscription. 1Password 6 has not been updated in close to two years now so it won't receive any more updates: our development effort is focused on 1Password 7 now, and we think that is the correct choice.

This discussion has been closed.