How can re-invite the same account after to have mistakenly start the restore procedure?

Options
wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member

Hi,
here the list of events to simply explains what happened:
1. I've a family account with my 1Password account.
2. I invited my friend Alice with email invite.
3. Alice correctly accepted the invite, and created an account on 1Password, paired to her email and started to be family member
4. I (mistakenly) started the recovery procedure of Alice account, to get more info about it. I've immediately aborted it while the next step of the procedure was up to Alice. As side effect, the family has Alice as member no longer.
5. I've sent her again the invite link using exactly the same email already paired to the account that used to be part of the family account.

Questions:
1. Is the side effect of point 3 intended?
2. How can Alice gain access back to family? I'm quite sure, for what I've found in 1Password FAQs, that with my last (second) email invite, she will be suggested to create a new 1Password account, but how could it be possible if she has already her personal account paired to the same email address used in both my invites?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wizard86pz!

1. Is the side effect of point 3 intended?

Did you stop the recovery procedure, or did you delete her from the account altogether? From what you wrote, I think you might have removed her from your account, which would explain your second question.

1. How can Alice gain access back to family? I'm quite sure, for what I've found in 1Password FAQs, that with my last (second) email invite, she will be suggested to create a new 1Password account, but how could it be possible if she has already her personal account paired to the same email address used in both my invites?

If you started the recovery procedure for her, the quickest way would be for her to complete recovery. If you sent her a new email invitation, she will have the option to create a second account. This would make sense if you actually removed her from your account.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

I've ONLY stopped the recovery procedure for that member. I've not removed her at all. I noticed it from the family members list.

I re-sent an invite link, but using the link, she has been asked to log-in in the account already created and now, once I (as family organizer) accepted her again, she is back in our family with no any vault or item lost.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wizard86pz:

I re-sent an invite link, but using the link, she has been asked to log-in in the account already created and now, once I (as family organizer) accepted her again, she is back in our family with no any vault or item lost.

If she was able to login to her account with her old credentials, then it means that she did not create a new account, and instead logged in to her existing one. So what you are describing is indeed the correct behavior.

This discussion has been closed.