Basic use on Android doesn't seem to be working

breathe67
breathe67
Community Member

Hello, I just installed 1password on my Note 8 (android). II have several problems:

a) I can gain access to my vault with my master password. If I click on (say) my twitter login in 1password it takes me to a browser window with the twitter login page loaded. It fills my password, but I can't click on login. The browser that 1password loads won't perform the click/tap on the login button.

b) In addition, after I changed some options in 1password settings - a) enabled autofill, and b) enable malwarebytes phishing alert service, I was redirected out to my 1password (master password) entry screen. At that point 1password was no longer accepting my master password. I tried several times, but it exits automatically after too many tries. I could not get back into my vault until I rebooted my phone.

c) why does 1password lock every time I perform any action ? After both (trying to) login, or changing a setting , I keep getting booted out of 1password to the master password login. I have had to re-enter my master about 30 times while dealing with issues a) & b) above. Is this the correct behavior ?

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: does this exist on android ?
OS Version: Android 9.0
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Hi @breathe67.

a) I can gain access to my vault with my master password. If I click on (say) my twitter login in 1password it takes me to a browser window with the twitter login page loaded. It fills my password, but I can't click on login. The browser that 1password loads won't perform the click/tap on the login button.

I don't recommend filling this way. Instead, use Autofill and Accessibility to fill into your preferred browser. Just visit any site or app, tap the Autofill with 1Password prompt, and then select the Login you want to fill.

b) In addition, after I changed some options in 1password settings - a) enabled autofill, and b) enable malwarebytes phishing alert service, I was redirected out to my 1password (master password) entry screen. At that point 1password was no longer accepting my master password. I tried several times, but it exits automatically after too many tries. I could not get back into my vault until I rebooted my phone.

This sounds strange indeed. Is it possible there was a typo in your Master Password?

c) why does 1password lock every time I perform any action ? After both (trying to) login, or changing a setting , I keep getting booted out of 1password to the master password login. I have had to re-enter my master about 30 times while dealing with issues a) & b) above. Is this the correct behavior ?

It sounds like you have Lock on exit on, in which case, 1Password will lock every time you switch away from the app. Try altering your auto-lock settings to avoid having to unlock so often. Also, you can enable Fingerprint Unlock and use that to unlock your account most of the time.

• breathe67
    breathe67
    Community Member

Thanks - your reply was helpful, will try Autofill.

As far as a master password typo, I tried carefully entering it the max number of times - all I can think of is maybe the active keyboard was doing something funky - though I (thought I) saw the right letters being entered. If it happens again I will update this thread.

• Thanks, @breathe67. Please do let us know if you have any further problems.

This discussion has been closed.