Selecting a login on a website with multiple logins randomly shows All Items instead of autofilling

On websites where I have more than one account, the login selection/auto-fill behavior fails roughly 25% of the time.

When I press the hotkey to select a login, the mini window appears correctly, showing Suggestions for the current domain. Using the keyboard arrow keys, I navigate to the login I want (if needed) and press Enter. Sometimes (75% of the time?) the 1Password window disappears and the login auto-fills correctly. Sometimes (25% of the time?) the 1Password window stays open, changes to "All items" and shows all logins for all domains. I get varying behavior for the same domain, and I cannot figure out why it frequently does not register selection of the login I hit Enter on. From what I can tell, it acts as though my Enter keypress was doing an empty search for "Search all vaults", rather than selecting the suggested login.

Things I tried:

• Always using the cursor keys to highlight the suggested login, even if it was already selected - didn't help
  • Ensure keyboard focus was in the login fields (username or password) on the website before invoking the mini window - didn't help

Mini configuration:

• Open 1Password to: Suggestions
  • Categories: Show in menu
  • Tags: Show in submenu

Vault configuration (I have two vaults):

• Always open to: All Vaults

Chrome configuration:

• Chrome version 79.0.3945.88
  • 1Password extension version 4.7.5.90
  • No other extensions installed

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• liggitt
    liggitt
    Community Member

Is there anything else I should try or any other information I can provide that would be helpful in tracking this down?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @liggitt! Welcome to the forum!

I think what you are describing is a known issue with Chrome, which our developers fixed in the latest beta. Please see this post from my colleague Lars for the latest updates :)

• liggitt
    liggitt
    Community Member

That did it, thanks so much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful weekend :)

This discussion has been closed.