1Password extension for Opera browser

Options
LouBob
LouBob
Community Member

I was recently easily able to add the 1Password extension or add-on to Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. However, taking the same steps, I was unable to do so for the Opera browser.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LouBob!

Can you please let us know what happens when you try to install the Opera extension? Do you get an error message perhaps?

• AndreasA
    AndreasA
    Community Member
    Options

I just recently installe 1p in the 30 day trial mode and had the same problem - there was no error message, but 1p always lead to google play store when clicking the "opera install" link, and there it ends?

• @AndreasA

Please note that when you attempt an install the extension for Opera, you will in fact visit the Chrome store. Opera attempts to install its extension called "Install Chrome Extensions" v 2.5.9 by Opera Software. If you enable it, you will be able to download and use the 1Password extension from the Chrome store.

• VSM_D
    VSM_D
    Community Member
    Options

1Password used to have a separate Opera browser add-in button. That has disappeared and now there is a Brave button. Why ....?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VSM_D:

Since Opera uses the Chrome Web Store to install the extensions, you can use that link to install 1Password in your Opera browser, without needing a separate link.

• VSM_D
    VSM_D
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks ag_ana.
    (done that, but the button suddenly disappeared yesterday from my Opera browser ..... so I thought I missed something...... :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VSM_D:

Is the 1Password extension back in your Opera browser now?

• VSM_D
    VSM_D
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yep. Thanks for checking.

(but no idea why it 'popped out')

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected again :)

Should this happen again, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.