Saving a Barclays bank login

I am trying to save my login at https://bank.barclays.co.uk/olb/authlogin/loginAppContainer.do#/identification

This page asks for surname and a choice of other information, with Membership number the default choice.There's no hidden information on that page, the membership number is clear text. I tried entering the information and then doing a manual save. But 1PW did not include my surname, and regarded the membership number as my username.

Is there any way of getting this to save properly? It would be nice to have 1PW able to fill in the info without my having to look up my membership each time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danco!

I was able to get 1Password to fill both fields in that form after saving it manually in the browser.

Can you give us some information about your setup?

• Browser type
    • Browser version
    • 1Password app version
    • 1Password browser extension version
    • Operating system

Thank you!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

A further check shows that it does work, but looks weird.

The login page has Surname as the first entry and Membership Number as the second. So I was expecting that in the 1PW entry my surname would be the Username, whereas in fact my membership number shows up as being the username. But 1PW does fill in correctly.

There still seems to be an issue. In the mini, the suggestions menu (upper left) does suggest bank.barclays.co.uk as it should, but there aren't any items in the mini relating to that address. Is that because the entry doesn't actually have an associated password (to log in one also needs a five-digit PIN and a memorable word but I remember those, haven't entered them into 1PW)? Here is a screenshot of what I see.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danco:

Yes, I think what you are seeing is because this is not a login form (there is no password field there). So we are asking 1Password to try to fill your information anyway, even where it is not supposed to fill a Login there.

I think 1Password is seeing this as an Identity form (and it is technically correct), and that is why is recommending those entries by default.

This discussion has been closed.