The icon is missing from the toolbar.

Options
dlund1585
dlund1585
Community Member

I have 1Password 7.4.1 on a Mac running OS Catalina. I checked the preferences in Safari and 1Password is enabled. I checked the "Customize Toolbar" menu and 1Password was not listed among the options to put on the toolbar. Not sure what to do. It works fine on my laptop.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:The 1Password icon disappeared from the toolbar.

Comments

• @dlund1585

I would start with:

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Launch 1Password.
    3. Quit the browser and restart it.
    4. Check the extension is enabled.

One last thought that comes to mind is if you recently updated to 10.15.2, please try a reboot. It's possible some files are being held open by the update, and this would allow those holds to clear.

• dlund1585
    dlund1585
    Community Member
    Options

I did all of those things. Still not working. The only thing I can think to try is an uninstall/reinstall.

• dlund1585
    dlund1585
    Community Member
    Options

When I restarted, the dialog box told me to activate 1Password for Safari. Of course, the box for the extension was still checked. I quit Safari again. When I restarted, I saw the 1Password icon show up and disappear.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlund1585:

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see if you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? Do you see something like this?

• dlund1585
    dlund1585
    Community Member
    Options

• @dlund1585

From your screenshot you have, or had MacKeeper installed. It has been known to interfere with the inner workings of various apps, causing a validation error. macOS is preventing Safari from showing the extension because part of 1Password cannot pass those validation requirements due to MacKeeper.

Try either temporarily disabling MacKeeper, uninstalling it altogether, or if possible, you can try whitelisting 1Password in it, if that's something that is an option in that app (I'm not familiar with its inner workings). After that, open 1Password, then press Control-Option-Command-Q to quit it completely. Drag it to the Trash and empty the Trash, but do NOT use any app cleaners - we don't want to touch your 1Password data.

Restart your Mac, then grab a new copy of 1Password here - https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM7

After installing, open and unlock, then open your web browser again. You should be back in business. The above steps have helped various customers, I'm confident it will help you too.

• Duncan MacFarlane
    Duncan MacFarlane
    Community Member
    Options

Not working with Catalina for me either. Latest 1 Password . Trying the above. It shows up briefly and then disappears...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Duncan MacFarlane:

Are you in the same scenario as the original poster (using MacKeeper)? If so, have you tried ag_tommy's suggestions already?

• Duncan MacFarlane
    Duncan MacFarlane
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. No I am not running Mackeeper...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Duncan MacFarlane:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password and Safari? Did the extension show up under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab this time?

• Duncan MacFarlane
    Duncan MacFarlane
    Community Member
    Options

It shows up very briefly to the left of the url bar. Flashes once in awhile then disappears. Also when i open 1Password, there is no auto fill option ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Duncan MacFarlane:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from this Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• Duncan MacFarlane
    Duncan MacFarlane
    Community Member
    Options

The ticket is #FFR-29146-336

Thanks,

Duncan

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @Duncan MacFarlane! We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FFR-29146-336

This discussion has been closed.