IOS 13.3 auto fill does not fill/work (1PW 7.4.4)

Options
mwhamburg
mwhamburg
Community Member

Hi! I've been using 1PW for about a year. Since a while the auto fill does not work in Apps/Websites anymore. 1PW has the permission to fill the PW. I briefly see 1PW starting in the browser and then the app/browser disappears again. With the native IOS "keychain" it still works. What do I have to change? Please help me. Thanks

IOS 13.3 auto fill does not fill/work (1PW 7.4.4) - Iphone 11

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mwhamburg

There are a few different ways to use 1Password to fill on iOS, but the way we recommend doing so is via iOS's autofill feature. You can read about how to set that up and use it here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

This uses the same mechanism for filling as iCloud Keychain. I hope that helps!

Ben

• mwhamburg
    mwhamburg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    thanks - i have (of course) already tried this, but unfortunately without success. I had the automatic filling out until an update and/or change to the iphone 11 (from iphone 10). Is it possibly because I don't have a subscription and the purchased license of 1PW?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwhamburg:

I don't think this is a license problem. Is this happening on every website, with no exception? And does the same thing happen even after a reboot?

• mwhamburg
    mwhamburg
    Community Member
    Options

I think the issue is, that the 1PW is blocked bei IOS (pop up) or to use the face unlook. I see the 1PW for less a second before it closes again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwhamburg:

1PW is blocked bei IOS (pop up)

Could you maybe post a screenshot of this?

• mwhamburg
    mwhamburg
    Community Member
    Options

It is not possible for me -
    1. it is a suggestion
    2. it is going to fast (when I see a WS, trying to use 1PW (arrow up-Button) I see for a sec. 1PW App/Window before it disappears)
    thx, Malte

• Ben
    Options

@mwhamburg

Could you please try toggling the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show unlock screen for Password Autofill and see if that makes a difference?

Ben

• mwhamburg
    mwhamburg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, no success, sorry. thx

• Ben
    Options

@mwhamburg

Where is your 1Password data currently stored / do you have syncing set up? If you aren't sure, or know your data is stored only on your iPhone, please try generating a diagnostic report. To do so, copy this text and paste it into the address bar in Safari (as if it were a website that you wanted to visit):

onepassword://diagnostics

This should open up the Mail app with a report attached to it. Please change the to line to support+forum@1password.com and send the report. When you do, you should get an automatic reply back from BitBot that contains a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• mwhamburg
    mwhamburg
    Community Member
    Options

[#LUW-23861-357]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. :) We'll continue via email.

Ben

ref: LUW-23861-357

• taco
    taco
    Community Member
    Options

The only way I have found to not having to put in the master password everytime needed, (yes after reboot, yes no matter what), is to use 1password it self and click on the site you want unlocked. Interesting that this works everytime but the way it is supposed to work does not. Is your browser secure?, Does it allow cookies? I have firefox nailed down for privacy issues, but do not know if and how your browser protects our security and privacy. At least this works now and I hope we will get a fix or practical step by step. Yes I went to the 1password site and read some helpful articles, just now about this issues, without going on unhelpful tangents. Thanks for your time.

• taco
    taco
    Community Member
    Options
  • Ben
    Options

Hi @taco,

The statement I gave in that other thread is still true:

The autofill extension doesn't currently have the ability to save the information that would be needed for subsequent automatic unlocks.

You'd need to unlock the 1Password app after rebooting the phone in order to keep the autofill extension unlocked.

Is your browser secure?, Does it allow cookies?

The browser inside of 1Password is Safari. It does allow cookies, which are generally necessary in order to log in to web pages.

Ben

• taco
    taco
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

So to make sure I understand:

Current:
    No matter what reboot or anything else I always each time have to put in the master password, even if I have to go back just to get the 2-factor number. (So in essence here, I have to enter the master password, auto fill in user/password and then when I have to go back to 1password for the 2-factor numbers, I have to type it in again.

New:
    First, reboot my phone, then immediately go to the 1 password app, enter my master password and then I'm fine for two weeks when I will net to enter it again? If so this is great.

There were a couple of threads that were talking about this and I thought it would be helpful for the link to the video. My thought was to add a reference to all concerned would be on the same wave link. I understand your request, understand why, and will comply. Thanks for your time.

• Ben
    Options

First, reboot my phone, then immediately go to the 1 password app, enter my master password and then I'm fine for two weeks when I will net to enter it again? If so this is great.

Or if the phone reboots, yes. That isn't new, though. That's how it has worked for some time.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.