Password login to site "read only how to fix please

Hi am new to 1Password. I see this is an old problem, but each time I try to log into a web site, it Pops up with "1Password as read only"
How may I fix this issue please
Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password login to site "read only how to fix please

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Barney2,

It sounds like you never added your account to 1Password 7 for Windows, that is why it is read-only now. Do you access your data via web interface on 1Password.com in the browser now? Please confirm.

To add your account to 1Password 7, please do the following:

1) Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in your browser.

2) Click your name in the top right, select Get the Apps, and then click the blue button under step two that says "Already have the app? Add your account directly." Allow this link to open 1Password for Windows.

3) That will fill all of your sign-in credentials in 1Password 7 for Windows, except your Master Password. Enter your Master Password, click Sign In.

Let me know how it works for you after that. Thank you! :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• Barney2
    Barney2
    Community Member

Hi,
    Followed your directions, and now it working quite well. Many thanks you have made on old pensioner trying to keep up in this modern world happy. Cheers 4 now

• On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome, @Barney2! Enjoy and if there's anything more we can do to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.