Duplicate passwords after changing a login

When I change a password for an online account, the generated password remains stored as a separate password, so 1Password says that I use the same password twice.

I sometimes find it annoying that I have to remove this.

Can you please come up with a solution for this?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Martijnn!

1Password should remove the generated password for you, if you let it save the Login afterwards. Is this happening consistently for you, on every website?

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

This happens every time I log in to one of my online accounts and change my password for that account.

1Password asks me as usual if I want to update the password in my vault.
    After I have approved this, the same password is still stored as a separate password. Although the password has been changed in the vault for this login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Martijnn:

Thank you for the confirmation. What version of the 1Password desktop app you are currently using, and what version of the 1Password browser extension?

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I use the latest 1Password 7 version (7.3.712) for Windows and the latest Chrome browser extensions (4.7.5.90).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Martijnn ,
    1Password 7 for Windows does not automatically remove generated passwords, even if you save them as logins afterwards.
    This behavior is intended to be improved in future updates of 1Password for Windows, as stated on this forum discussion.

Until then, if the banner of the reused passwords really bothers you, open 1Password 7, click the "Passwords" category on the sidebar, then press CTRL+A to select them all and delete them.

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

This discussion has been closed.