New device on standalone has readonly database [1Password 7 for Mac requires separate purchase]

Options
benhardy
benhardy
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Mac

I have been using purchased 1Password for many years on Mac and iPhone, syncing via DropBox. I've gotten it standalone, not via app store. Previously I have been able to add new devices with no problem. I have just downloaded and added a new computer but am unable to add new logins on it, a new user interface feature appears saying "read only". The app is nagging a lot to create an account/subscription and pay up, but I've already paid for it long ago. How can I remove this read only problem? Other devices continue to be read/writable.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@benhardy Version 7 of 1Password is a paid upgrade. If you download it from the App Store, you are given the subscription option. If you download it directly from the agileBits website you also have the option of licensing a standalone version. You also have the option to download the previous licensed version (4, 5, 6) that you have already paid for. hth

• benhardy
    benhardy
    Community Member
    Options

Thing is I am using v7 on my other devices as well, e.g. v7.4.4 on iPhone, which is operating in read/write mode, so that's rather confusing.

• Ben
    Options

1Password 7 for iOS was not a paid upgrade. It is a companion app that can either be used in conjunction with a 1Password membership or with a licensed copy of 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows. The upgrade to v7 for the latter two apps is a separate purchase from any previous license purchases. It is included for customers with a subscription membership.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.