1Password Chrome Extension Will Not Fill

Options

Hello!
I'm having an issue with 1Password filling in Chrome (Safari works fine)

1. I go to a website with a username/password
  2. Click the 1Password icon in the toolbar - The login item for the current website is the only item showing (as expected)
  3. Double click on the login item or click AutoFill

Expected behavior: Fill the login credentials

Actual behavior: The window disappears replaced with another 1Password window this time showing me all of my login items. If I search for the current website and double click the login item or click AutoFill, nothing happens. The window stays there and nothing is filled.

I have tried deleting the 1Password extension and re-adding it with the same result.

Chrome version 79.0.3945.130 (latest)

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password Teams

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ahankins

We're aware of this difficulty with the "1Password extension (desktop app required)" extension v4.7.5.90. We do have a beta version which has resolved some of the struggle. You can find that here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

Hopefully we can get this fixed up soon. Alternatively, our 1Password X browser extension, which connects directly to your 1Password account (rather than using the desktop app as an intermediary) may be of interest:

Get to know 1Password X

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, @Ben !
    I tested out the beta extension and it behaves as expected. I will revert to the stable build for the time being as it's not a pressing issue & I prefer to not run beta software.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update! And on behalf of Ben, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.