Flaky Autofill

calicyclist
calicyclist
Community Member

Most of the time I am using Chrome when this happens although I am fairly certain it has happened in other browsers as well. I haven't seen it happen in Windows but I use Windows less than 5% of the time for web browsing.

When I am at a site that 1Pass has access to, and I open the browser extension, and it says 1Password has access to the site, I click autofill. This works 90% of the time. 10% of the time 1Password accepts my click, doesn't fill in any information, and takes me back to the "Search All Vaults" screen like it no longer recognizes I am on the site.

So I have to x out of one password extension screen, open up the browser extension again, and click autofill a second time to get it to work. Sometimes I even have to do it a third time.

In almost every case it eventually works. But it is really annoying to have to click the same sequence two or three times to enter my passwords from 1Pass.

I can't determine any commonality between sites that don't work or do. I am unable to repeat this behavior on demand. Although if I log into enough sites in a row it is bound to eventually happen.

This has been going on for probably close to a year now. Across several upgrades. Every time there is an update I hope it will address the issue but it continues to persist for me. And I have not only seen it with myself - but on my wife's laptop as well which is a completely different mac version.

Does anyone else experience similar behavior? Is there anything I can do or any more detail I can provide to assist in debugging and correcting this behavior?

1Password Version: 7 .4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @calicyclist! Welcome to the forum!

From what you wrote, I think this is a known issue we have been investigating. You can see all the latest information about it here.

This discussion has been closed.