Backed up Iphone with 1Password6 and it Removed all my Logins

daya
daya
Community Member

I backed up my Iphone 7 on my Desktop Mac a few days ago and my 1Password6 app has been completely cleared and says "Don't have an account?" Get started with 1Password membership ..." So I have lost my access to the app on my phone just because I backed it up. This doesn't seem fair! Is there any way I can rectify this? Was I only allowed the 1Password6 app on my phone for a certain number of years?
Many thanks, Daya

1Password Version: Version 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Phone Op sys 13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @daya

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble. If you've been syncing your 1Password data with iCloud you should be able to select that option from the welcome screen to restore access to your data on your phone.

Ben

• daya
    daya
    Community Member

I've found where I can sign in and know my email and master password but not my secret key. I don't remember ever having a secret key. Is there any way to find out what this is?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daya:

As Ben wrote in his previous post, if your data is in iCloud, you should select the iCloud option instead of the 1Password.com option when you sign in.

• daya
    daya
    Community Member

Can you tell me where the iCloud option is exactly? I can't see it. Thank you. And I can't sign in because I don't have my secret key.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daya:

Only users with a 1Password subscription have a Secret Key. If you are not a subscriber, you don't have a Secret Key, and you are in the wrong section of the app.

If you are being asked for a secret key, it means that, when you first launched the 1Password app on your device, you chose the 1Password.com option, correct? Below it, you will find the iCloud option too:

This discussion has been closed.