1Password mini keeps disappearing in the last beta (7.4.738) [Fixed in 7.4.741]

2»

Comments

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

I just noticed that on the mini window opening the last active app window is being brought to front which hides the mini window. Sometimes it is a random (or a previous app, not sure). The result differs based on when and where I move the mouse pointer after clicking the tray or FF ext icon.

Not sure how or if it helps.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

I may go back to 1P X for now - running these monitors at 125% reduces the real estate available to apps by a noticeable amount. With a browser I can change the zoom, but in FF you have to do it for each page (although there is an about:config setting to set defaults). Other apps, not so easy.

• Hi guys,

Just a small update, we believe we may have figured it out and have a fix; it is related to .NET but this one is a difficult one to reproduce.

We'd like to send you a private build to confirm the fix. We're still testing to ensure there are no regressions but stay tuned.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

I have tried out the provided test version and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Strangely enough, after returning to the last beta, I am no longer experiencing the issue anyway.

• That is odd that you cannot reproduce it anymore with the last build, that does mean our fix may not be the cure either.

We'll do a another review to see what it could be.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Thanks to 1Password support and Neil for chasing down the issue - it turns out it was related to external monitors and scaling.

• Yea, we're a bit concerned about the very slight degradation in the sharpness but we'll looking into it.

We're likely to ship the fix in the next update.

• @njitman @finwe, please give 1Password 7.4.741 a try and let us know if it is still solid and looking fine.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Looks good - it has already updated to 7.4.740 so I manually forced the update to 7.4.741, Works on all monitors at various scaling levels.

• Great thanks!

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member

Seems OK.

• Awesome, thanks again.

• @njitman,

In regards to

In Firefox, the regular 1P extension prompts for the master password but there is no text cursor,

The February 2020 rollup update for .NET fixes this, I was able to confirm it on my PC: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/net-framework-february-2020-security-and-quality-rollup/

The KB article ID is: 4534132, it may take a while before it shows up via Windows Update. I had to download it manually to get it but it should be made available to everyone soon.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Update is installing now - I had to manually do a check for update. Will post back after restart with results.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

All good now - cursor is back on different monitors. Thanks for chasing that down.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @njitman! I am glad to hear that things are working as expected again :)

• GFargo
    GFargo
    Community Member

I'm running 7.4.763, have no new updates available for Win10 but am still getting this issue. Don't believe it's been completely fixed. I've tried re-installing, looking for fresh updates, switching to beta mode, all of which failed.

Really not sure what else to do as this bug requires me from having the full app open at all times whenever I want to access a password. It's exactly as others have described, I'll either perform the global hotkey combo or click the browser extension icon and 1Password Mini displays for a split second before disappearing again. If i somehow manage to click into the search bar within 1Password Mini in that moment it's displayed I've noticed it remains intractable, otherwise it w200ms later.

I've noticed others commenting about monitors and scaling. I use a single ultra-wide display on my machine, not sure if this is somehow related. The scaling is at the default 100% and 1Password Mini works fine on my OSX Machines.

• Hi @GFargo,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• GFargo
    GFargo
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT, just got around to submitting the diagnostics report via email to the support team.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist debugging!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@GFargo:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look at it and get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EGC-86157-973

• GFargo
    GFargo
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Wanted to follow up on this post. Per support staff's request, I updated to the 7.4.767 beta build and the issue appears to be resolved.

Anyone who comes across this issue in the immediate future before this fix has made it's way into a main releases can update to the beta build via this help page.

Thanks again for the assistance @ag_ana & @MikeT!

• MikeT
    edited April 2020

1Password 7.4.767 update is already out on the stable channel. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.