Safari open new tab?

Bill.
Bill.
Community Member
edited November 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi,

When I use the 1Password Safari extension to go to a new site, Safari opens a new window and logs me in. I would prefer that a new tab is opened, rather than a new window.

In Safari preferences, under the tab menu, I have checked the box so that pages are set to ALWAYS open new tabs and not new windows. Apparently, this has no effect on what 1Password does to log into a site.

Is there any way to stop 1Password from opening new windows instead of tabs?

Thanks,

Bill

OSX 10.7.2
Safari 5.1.1
1Password 3.9.200.003
1Password Safari Extension 3.8.7

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2011
    From a recent blog post:

You can now click the headers above each Login section to switch between a few behaviors on the fly: Fill and Submit Login or just Fill Login for the current site, and for your other Logins: Open Login in New Tab, Open Login in New Window, and Open Login in Current Tab, all without having to dig into Settings or Preferences!
    20111130-fpmu28a5s4apmcs14q9ux3t6cj.png
    If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

Cheers,
  • Bill.
    Bill.
    Community Member
    Khad, thanks for pointing these options out. These options to change 1Password behavior are terrific, but also not so obvious without keeping up with the 1Password blog or reading the instruction manual.<g>

Bill
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Khad, thanks for pointing these options out. These options to change 1Password behavior are terrific…

No problem. I'm glad they are working for you! :)

…not so obvious without keeping up with the 1Password blog or reading the instruction manual.

That's what we are here for. Just holler if you have any other questions. :D

Best regards,
This discussion has been closed.