Feature Suggestion - Recover Master Password

If I understand correctly there is no way to recover a lost master password.  I understand that this makes the password more secure but there are many schools of thought on this.  Some might say that it just means that people are more likely to write the password down.  I would like to see a password recovery mechanism provided.  Perhaps something like Call Verify or maybe a 2 step authentication like Google has recently implemented.  There are ways to do it where Agile never needs to know the password but it can still be recovered by an *authorized individual.I haven't lost my password, yet, but I'm almost certain to mess up and forget it someday. I've put far too much time into entering passwords and other data to lose it to a bad memory.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    You are correct, Mark: there is no way to recover a forgotten master password.

It's the "one password" you really will need to remember.
  • DBrown wrote:

You are correct, Mark: there is no way to recover a forgotten master password.

It's the "one password" you really will need to remember.

I understand that but read my post closely - can there be?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    It's not my decision, and we never say "never"; but I would be astonished to hear that we were even considering such a fundamental change to our core philosophy.
This discussion has been closed.