Trashed items under personal vault showing to family members

madflute
madflute
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Families

My family members informed me they can see the trashed items under my Personal vault which is not shared with them. When I open the shared vault, there is no trashed item I see at my end. I am quite puzzled. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @madflute

The only way a person can see another person's Personal vault is if they log in to 1Password with that person's credentials. Any given account can only see the Personal vault associated with that account. :)

Ben

• madflute
    madflute
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi, thank you for your response. No, they don't see my personal vault. They see the trashed items from my personal account in their trash. Do you know what is going on?

• @madflute

The trash for each vault is stored within that vault. If they aren't seeing your Personal vault I don't see how they could be seeing your Personal vault's trash (which is in the Personal vault).

If you create a test item in your Personal vault and then trash it do these people see that test item?

Ben

• madflute
    madflute
    Community Member

Hi, actually it was way more complicated than I initially thought. I have been using 1Password since version 2 (I think). Back then there was no cloud sync. Just dropbox sync. My wife and I had shared vault besides our own personal ones.

Then 1Password became cloud-based. In the beginning, I didn't know there was a family plan so I was paying for Team. Then moved to the Family plan. At that point, both my wife and I copied items from Dropbox to 1Password cloud then moved every item on Dropbox to trash. Just in case, both of us didn't empty the trash.

Then recently I added my mother and cousin to my family account.

• I created a shared vault and added them but NOT my wife.
    • For some creepy reason they can see my wife's trashed items (but not mine) -- again, my wife is not a part of any of shared vault with them. She only has one shared vault with me.
    • When we realized what they are seeing is my wife's trashed items, my wife emptied the trash on her iPhone.
      ** But the trashed items didn't go away from her iPad and MacBook Pro
      ** She had to empty trashes on all the 3 devices one by one -- then finally all of the trashed items disappeared from my mother's and cousin's trashcans.

• My trashed items are still in my trash and none of them are showing to anyone in my family members.

Hope you get some ideas how concerning this is.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2020

Thanks for the additional details, @madflute.

She had to empty trashes on all the 3 devices one by one -- then finally all of the trashed items disappeared from my mother's and cousin's trashcans.

What is the name of the vault the items were in? And what is the result if your wife performs this experiment?

If you create a test item in your Personal vault and then trash it do these people see that test item?

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.