To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading to Families account - Apple billing

mercuryrsng
mercuryrsng
Community Member

Hello,
I've been reading much on your support forum and I believe that I have to contact someone at 1Password. I am interested in upgrading from am individual account to a Families account but I am being billed thorough Apple.
I am understanding that I have to cancel through Apple and then contact you.
Can someone provide me with some guidance?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Hi @mercuryrsng!

That's correct. I will reach out to you via email shortly so we can start this process over there, without sharing personal information on a public forum :)

ref: DIY-41152-863

• cuboslav
    cuboslav
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

I have the same issue as @mercuryrsng. May you please share required information with me? Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cuboslav! Welcome to the forum!

Certainly, I will reach out to you via email in a moment as well :)

• dennnvh
    dennnvh
    Community Member

Hi,

Currently I'm finding myself in the exact same situation, in which I would like to upgrade my individual account to a family account.

Could anyone at 1Password help me out?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hi @dennnvh! Welcome to the forum!

I will reach out to you via email in a moment :)

ref: WWV-94527-897

• Misck1
    Misck1
    Community Member

Hi I am having the same problem. This must create a lot of work on your behalf. Surely there must be a way to allow the upgrade even through the Apple Store

• ag_carlos
    ag_carlos
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

Hi @Misck1

Thank you for your message!

The thing is that an upgrade changes the account's billing info, and when this one is under an Apple subscription, its details are also under the Apple billing platform so we cannot change them. That's why a cancelation of the subscription is necessary so we can start managing your billing data, and change it from Individual to Family.

I've sent you an email so we can take care of this situation asap. 🙂

ref: KTH-36984-548

• justinmatson
    justinmatson
    Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I subscribed via Apple but would like to upgrade to a family plan. Does cancelling and signing up again mean I'll have to re-enter all my passwords? Thank you.

• @justinmatson

No, changing the billing would not necessitate you needing to re-enter your passwords.

• justinmatson
    justinmatson
    Community Member

Wonderful. Can you please help me upgrade my account to a family plan then? Thx

• @justinmatson

We only answer account-specific questions/requests via our ticket system. Please reach out to us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. justinmatson
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105695/upgrading-to-families-account-apple-billing

Also include a summary of your questions, or details on how we may assist you. That will help your ticket to get routed properly.

This discussion has been closed.