I have an individual account with saved data which I want to move into my new family account.

dkanders
dkanders
Community Member

I can log in to either account in a web browser. I can log in to one account in a windows computer app. In that app, I go to Accounts, Sign in to another account, but that fails. I cannot find a way to move the data between the two accounts. I successfully created a vault on my desktop, but can't get it to import to the family account. I can export the data to a text file or a csv file. When I import from csv, the results are not good, with items identified by the username in the display. That doesn't help when my username on so many sites is my email address.

1Password Version: Current
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have an individual account. I want to migrate my information into my new family account.

Comments

• dkanders
    dkanders
    Community Member

Finally figured it out on my own. The key was to save out a vault with the information from the individual account. Then sign out of the individual account in the windows app. Next, sign in to the app with the family account and import the vault. Easy once you know how.

I failed when I tried to do it through the web browser alone. It always sent me to the App. In the App, I failed when I tried to go to Account, Sign in to another account. I had to completely sign out of the individual account first, then sign in to the family account.

• Hi @dkanders

I apologize that we didn't get to your question earlier, but I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.