Shared Vault not syncing on Mac

Options
jnewmaninpa
jnewmaninpa
Community Member

I just got a 1Password family account. On the website I can see my shared passwords but not in the Mac app. There is a vault showing that is just a bunch of random characters but there is no content in the vault.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2 (70402004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jnewmaninpa! Welcome to the forum!

There is a vault showing that is just a bunch of random characters but there is no content in the vault.

Is this happening in the Mac app, or also on the 1Password.com website?

• jnewmaninpa
    jnewmaninpa
    Community Member
    Options

This is only on the Mac app. On the website I can see both my private and shared vault and they both have content. On the Mac app I see my private vault with its content but the shared vault has no content and is not properly named

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jnewmaninpa - please quit all browsers, then Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Restart 1Password and let us know whether the problem persists.

• j0o
    j0o
    Community Member
    Options

I just had the same problem and went through the usual troubleshooting, including the kind suggestion of Lars, without avail. Subsequently, while setting up additional accounts, it seems there was a check box or some notification about the Shared vault that needed attention. After adjusting the setting the gibberish resolved into the proper Shared designation and populated as I watched. This is on https://my.1password.com/people/etc. and sorry about the hand waving, I didn't take proper note of my actions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @j0o! I am happy that you managed to get to the bottom of this :)

This discussion has been closed.