Search options with "Password strength" seems broken

Options
kevinosinski
kevinosinski
Community Member

I am using Search Options : Password Strength "is" from the main app. I am cycling through the values. Terrible, Weak, and Fair all return no results. Good returns 153 results. Very Good and Excellent return no results. Fantastic returns 55 results. I get the same results if I restrict the search to just logins, of which I have 495. Clearly many results are missing. If I search for "greater than or equal to" Fantastic, I also get 55 results, but if I make it "greater than or equal to" Excellent, the count goes up to 61. But if I look at the 6 new entries that are found, they are listed as "Fantastic" in the body of the entry. Other similar queries based on this attribute find inconsistent results. Perhaps there is a password quality cache that has gotten stale?

As an aside, the "Additional Information" section on this "Ask a question" page requests the "1Password Extensions Version(s)", and has a link titled "How to find extension version?" with the URL https://support.1password.com/check-extension-version/ This link, however, redirects to the page https://support.1password.com/update-extension/ which doesn't provide any help about finding the installed extension versions. The link "How to find 1Password version?" has similar issues, although here I could easily find the version via the menu item 1Password 7 > About 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password subscription
Referrer: forum-search:search options

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks @kevinosinski. I was able to reproduce this issue and will report it to our development team. Well spotted!

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4490

• hezor
    hezor
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed the same thing with 7.4.1. When the search clause is "is", it does not seem to work for login passwords that are weaker than Fantastic. But when I change the search clause into "is less than or equal to" it starts listing items that match this search criteria. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as this is conceptually a great a feature. :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We will do our best to get this fixed as soon as possible @hezor :+1:

This discussion has been closed.