1Password X does not work properly on second display

Hi!

Yesterday I realized that 1Password X does not work when I have Chrome on a second display. The problem is that I cannot type in the master password to open 1Password X. It got stuck after some (mostly two) characters. Moving the Chrome window back to the main screen of the MacBook resolves the problem.

These are the steps I follow to reproduce the problem:
1. Open Chrome
2. Open a second Chrome window and move it to a second display attached to the MacBook
3. Try to unlock 1Password X
4. Typing the master password
5. Typing in the master password got stuck after typing the first few characters

(The second display is attached via an USB-C hub from Anker)

Thanks and regards,
Alex

1Password Version: 7.4.2 (70402004)
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @untcha! Thanks for bringing this up. I believe you're actually running into a bug in Chromium that causes some lag in extensions with pop-ups. It's been reported to the Chromium team – here's a link to the issue in case you want to check it out.

We've done what we can to help the Chromium team which included making a barebones extension with only a text field in a pop-up just to see if it happened there to. It did, which told us that the issue isn't subject to 1Password X. The good news is that your Master Password is being typed even though you can't see it. Typing your Master Password and pressing enter allows you to sign in. I've also found that moving my browser window over to my primary display allows me to type my Master Password in normally.

I hope that helps while the Chromium team gets the issue sorted. If you have any questions for me, I'm happy to help.

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

Hey @kaitlyn! Thanks for your reply and the informative explanation.

I can confirm that typing in the Master Password and pressing enter works fine even though I can't see it.
    Thats way better than moving the window back to the main screen.

That helps a lot and I can wait until the Chromium team will fix this issue. So this topic is closed for me!

Thanks a lot! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome @untcha! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.