Beta 1.18.6 fails to auto fill logins on Firefox

Hi,

Sometimes, the most recent version fails to fill logins automatically on Firefox Nightly. After the daily Nightly update, it works fine for a while, then doesn't work. Also, it doesn't fill my saved Credit Card, on sites I've tried it on. Known issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @tomatoshadow2! When you're filling your Credit Card item, are you filling via the inline menu (directly underneath fields) or the 1Password X pop-up (accessed by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar)? The former should result in a prompt, which you have to interact with before the item will fill. However, filling a Credit Card item via the 1Password X pop-up won't result in the same prompt – it should fill right away as long as there's a Credit Card field on the page.

I've got a couple of questions. One, do you notice filling Logins stops working on all websites, or are there a select few that you're having trouble with? Two, is there anything you notice that happens before the issue stops working? For example, do you quit the browser during that time or does it work on one site then suddenly not fill after that (even on the same site)?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

Yes it has the credit card being offered in suggestions all the time, though I assume that's normal behavior. No 1 Password does not fill on any sites, when it stops working, I have to copy and paste each log in.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – Yep, that's expected behavior for the pop-up. Just to clarify, your Credit Card items aren't filling at all. Is that right? What websites have you tried this on so far? I'd like to try it out on Firefox Nightly on my machine and see if I can replicate the behavior.

When 1Password stops filling Logins, do you notice anything happen right before? For example, do you quit out of Firefox Nightly or do you switch to a different app or something else? Any info you give me will help me try and reproduce the issue.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

Correct, the credit card is not filling at all. A few websites. No, I don't switch apps or anything, yes thanks for the help.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info, @tomatoshadow2. Could you let me know what websites your credit card details aren't filling on? I'd like to test them out on my end to see if I get the same results.

I know we went over this, and I think you're filling via the 1Password X pop-up, but I want to make sure I test this as close to your setup as possible. Prior to filling your Credit Card item, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar or do you click the Credit Card item underneath a field on the site?

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

Yes, https://chefscutrealjerky.com/ I clicked the credit card underneath a field.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – Perfect. I appreciate you providing the URL. I tested out filling by clicking my Credit Card item underneath the credit card number field, and I didn't have any trouble.

I'm wondering if a prompt appeared after you clicked your Credit Card item. It would look like the screenshot below.

Do you remember seeing that and clicking OK?

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

No that did not show at the time.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – Ah so that seems to be where things are going wrong. On the same website, could you try adding something to your cart and checking out? This time, click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, hover over your Credit Card item in the left sidebar, and click the Autofill button when it appears. Does your credit card info fill when you go that route? (You shouldn't get the additional prompt that I mentioned in my last comment.)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

No it doesn't and I also noticed, that's what stops 1 Password from filling logins automatically.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – Do you happen to have the stable version of Firefox installed as well? I'd be curious how 1Password X behaves in stable Firefox for you as well as how the stable version of 1Password X behaves in Firefox Nightly.

Could you also grab a copy of your 1Password X log after attempting to fill? Please follow the steps in this article and post your log here or send a copy to support+x@1password.com. I'm hoping that gives me a hint as to what's going on.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

I can get the log for you, is that just in 1 Password X Beta?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – The full instructions are located here. The actual work is done in Firefox, but on step 2 that says, "Click Inspect next to 1Password," just click inspect next to 1Password X beta if that's what you mean.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@kaitlyn And this should be 1 Password X Beta on release channel Firefox?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – You can grab the log from wherever the issue is occurring. If it happens both in the Nightly and Stable versions of Firefox, then either will do. Just let me know if that's the case since it'll help me diagnose the issue.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

Yes it happens in both, using 1 Password X Beta, can I post the log here? @kaitlyn

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2:

If you don't see anything there that you don't want to share, you are free to post the log here. Otherwise you can also email the logs to us if you prefer :+1:

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@kaitlyn I will email the log as it states its too long to post. Do I just email it to the support team?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2:

Yes, please email it to the support team. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it to this forum conversation :+1:

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@ag_ana Should I send it from my 1 Password ID email?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2:

It won't be necessary in your case since this seems to be just a filling issue, so if you prefer to use a different email that is fine :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks, can I send it to 1 Password billing support, or is there another email address?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2 – You can send it to support+x@1password.com with a link to this forum thread. :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@kaitlyn OK, just to that email address correct, with a log and the link to this thread?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2:

Yes, that will be enough :+1:

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@ag_ana Should I still submit even when it does work correctly on certain websites and some does not?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2:

If you want us to take a look at why this is happening to you on those websites, please feel free to submit the logs.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@ag_ana This seems to be fixed, as I tried on the original website it occurred on that I mentioned and it is functioning as expected. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @tomatoshadow2! Thank you for the update. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.