Did Agile get new update servers...?

When I launched 1Password and it checked for updates, I got a prompt from Little Snitch asking if I want 1Password to connect to "ivegotalovelybunch.appspot.com" which seemed odd... I've been using 1Password for couple years now and normally the update servers have been "agile.ws" if I remember correctly.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It appears to be some kind of proxy server. Are you using an application that would filter your traffic through a proxy server? Some kind of anonymizer, perhaps?
  • Yes I was using Foxyproxy at the time, it's an addon for Firefox that I use to access blocked websites. I feel kind of dumb for not noticing something so obvious, thanks for your help.
  • Edit: I did some research and found out that Foxyproxy actually has nothing to do with it.

Agilebits now uses Google App Engine which is a Google content delivery network (CDN). Basically it is a system of servers spread around the world, serving files from the nearest physical location. It uses the appspot.com domain with a subdomain that changes based on the physical location of the Google server you are downloading from. :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Ah, yes. You are correct. That's apparently part of the load balancing setup at Google App Engine, so this is normal. Basically the same IP addresses are used for thousands of apps on a cluster of shared servers and the DNS reverse lookup can point back to a different URL.
This discussion has been closed.