New user - MAC application won't accept master password unless I rebooot

Options
mrbeign
mrbeign
Community Member

Signed up for 1password last night to try it out. On my Mac I've installed the desktop application and enabled the extension for safari. I also use the Chrome browser so I installed 1password X for Chrome.

I'm having a weird issue where the 1password mac app won't accept my master password once it locks. If I reboot my mac it will then accept it for the first time the mac is booted up but once the app locks it won't accept the password any longer unless I reboot again.

I'm not having the issue using the 1password X extension on Chrome, that extension will always accept my master password.

Help! Not having a great initial experience.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    Options

Another thing to note, last night I added some tags to a few logins using the mac app and added a new login. Those new entries don't seemed to have synced to my 1password account because I don't see them when I view my logins on the web or from the chrome extension.

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    Options

I think I ended up getting things working. First I attempted to just log out of the mac app and when I tried to sign back in it would just have the spinning wheel sit there and nothing else would happen. I then completely uninstalled the app and reinstalled and now I think things are working as they should.

• @mr_beign

Thank you updating the topic. If you have questions please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.