Is there a way to keep 1Password open at the password I am on, instead of returning to the first one

Options
jdhalbrook
jdhalbrook
Community Member

Every time I update a password and I am on a site, whenever I go away from 1Password, it always reverts to the very first password in my list. Is there a way to keep it open to the password I happen to be working on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I would like 1Password to remain open to the password I am on instead of returning to the first one

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi @jdhalbrook! Welcome to the forum!

On my device, this is working exactly as you would like. What 1Password app version are you using, and on what operating system?

• jdhalbrook
    jdhalbrook
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6 on a Mac running Mojave.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jdhalbrook:

Thank you for the confirmation. I am running 1Password 7.4.2 on Catalina here, and things are working fine. 1Password1Password 6 is quite old now, and has not received updates for almost two years, so I would recommend checking this again once you have updated to the latest app :+1:

• kiwibloke
    kiwibloke
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah mine does the same thing, always returns to the top item, It would be nice if it went to the login it should, it highlights the correct one but does not go there, you have to scroll down to find it and click 'go' or 'autofill'

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kiwibloke:

I think what you are describing is a different thing. You are using the browser extension I think, so please make sure that the dropdown menu is set to Suggestions:

From what you wrote, I think yours is currently set to All Items instead.

• kiwibloke
    kiwibloke
    Community Member
    Options

I've changed that to suggestions and it sort of works a bit better but doesn't stay on suggestions, just reverts back to 'all items' as soon as I go to a site.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kiwibloke:

If that's the menu you would like to use as default, make sure that it is marked as such under 1Password Preferences > Mini tab > Open 1Password to menu ;)

This discussion has been closed.