Have spent hours trying to get started. Help.

Options
mlelliott
mlelliott
Community Member

I can't seem to get in. I have created a password, but that's about where it stopped. I don't have a Secret Key, nor understand how to get one.
What do I do next?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't get started

Comments

• mlelliott
    mlelliott
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to sign in I get to my profile via the email Account Support. Then it asks for my Secret Key, plus my email, and Master Password.
    When I attempt to get help to get my Secret Key it sends me back to sign in and I am back where I started...How do I get out of this cycle?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Can't get past Sign-in

• @mlelliott

Do you have a membership? Only 1Password.com memberships have a Secret Key. What particular sign in are you trying to access?

• I have merged your two topics into one so that we can keep the discussion centralized, which will help us prevent duplication of efforts.

• mlelliott
    mlelliott
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if I have a membership. How would I know that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlelliott:

Do you pay for 1Password with a subscription? If so, you have a Membership.

• mlelliott
    mlelliott
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did pay...or at least I took advantage of the free trial...
    So, my next question is, the directions to find the Secret Key are to sign in. But when I go to the sign in I can't proceed because it wants the Secret Key. See below. I can't get beyond this point.
    Email
    Secret Key
    Master Password
    This is a public or shared computer
    Sign In
    Having trouble signing in?

• mlelliott
    mlelliott
    Community Member
    Options

It is now 10:16 in the evening. I am wondering why no one has answered my question...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mlelliott:

This is not a chat, this is a public forum. We try to reply to every message we receive, but please consider that you are also writing during a weekend, at 10:16 in the evening, where most people are not online and enjoying time with their families.

If you lost your Secret Key, you can still find it in several places without having to login:

This discussion has been closed.