Feature Request: Filter search by tags

When I originally imported my keepass database years ago, 1Password tags didn't support a folder structure. No idea how long that's existed, but it's almost exactly what I wanted to begin with. Bonus points for being able to simply rename the old A::B::C format that was imported, to a proper A/B/C. Pretty cool!

Problem: Tag searches are recursive. Items that are tagged A/B also appear when clicking on A. I have no way to distinguish which items are tagged A and not B, or (A and A/B/C) and not A/B. Difficulty increases exponentially when there are a dozen subfolders or more, multiple levels deep.

Solution: In the search bar, add a drop down with checkboxes. Selecting A selects everything under A with a check. Deselecting B puts a solid box in A but does not remove the check from C.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smaersh,

I believe this is an intentional behaviour at the moment, as nested tags are not subfolders.

If you select the origin tag A, all of the items under that tag will be shown, including the items under nested tags A/B and A/C. However, if you select A/B or A/C specifically, you won't see an item under origin A tag. This behaviour is consistent in 1Password apps across different platforms.

It is not possible to change it at the moment, but we are always looking at ways to improve it. Thank you for your suggestion! :+1:

If you have other questions, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.