1Password 7 won't open on my Mac. I get message "The application is not open anymore"

henryr1
henryr1
Community Member

When I try to open 1Password on my iMac I get the message "The application 1Password7 is not open anymore.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 application won't open on Mac desktop

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @henryr1!

Can you please post a screenshot of this error message? I don't believe I have seen this before.

• henryr1
    henryr1
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @henry1. Where exactly are you clicking to get this message? Are you double clicking the 1Password 7 app inside your Mac's Applications folder?

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

Same problem for me.
    I am double clicking on the 1Password app in my Mac's application folder.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@teriross:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to email us a diagnostics report from this Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

ZEE-43666-898

• @teriross

I was able to locate your ticket number in our system. Someone will assist you as soon as possible.

ref: ZEE-43666-898

• gmtroberts
    gmtroberts
    Community Member

Open your Activity Monitor and then force quit your 1password.app process. Then try again. This worked for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @gmtroberts! :+1: :)

• queenee444
    queenee444
    Community Member

I have the same problem as above. Exactly the same. I tried the activity monitor thing and forced quit, but still doesn't work. 😞

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@queenee444:

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, let's keep the conversation going via email.

ref: TGG-89713-891

• queenee444
    queenee444
    Community Member

I just emailed you. do you want to communicate there or here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@queenee444:

As I wrote in my previous post, let's keep the conversation going via email. Someone will get back to you over there as soon as possible. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion so as not to slow down support times for you and everyone else.

Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.